WHO CAN TAKE PART IN THE SANJAY GHODAWAT INTERNATIONAL MODEL UN?
- All students in high school and secondary school students are eligible to participate in SGIMUN.
DO I NEED A MUN EXPERIENCE?
- Enthusiasm is the characteristic we look for the most. So, even if don't have a past MUN experience, SGIMUN is the best platform to begin it from.
IS SGIMUN OPEN FOR DELEGATIONS?
- Yes, it is. Participation in SGIMUN depends on an individual application. If a group of students are willing to participate, then they may register themselves as a Delegation and pay the fee in one sum. In that case, we would like to ask you to pass this information on to us as soon as possible, so that we can avoid confusion.
WILL THERE BE A DRESS CODE DURING THE CONFERENCE?
- A formal dress code will be strictly enforced during the conference. Males have to be formally dressed in trousers, shirts and suits. Ladies may wear formal pants, skirts, dresses etc. Alternatively Indian is also allowed during the formal session. Delegates may dress semi-formally for the socials.
IS ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED?
- SGIMUN does offer accommodation to its participants. Delegates who have opted for accommodation in their registration forms will be contacted about the same.
DOES SGIMUN PROVIDE MEALS?
- SGIMUN provides breakfast, lunch every day. For the accommodating delegates, snacks as well as dinner will be provided.
- The Secretary General is authorized to make exceptions to any of the rules mentioned as a part of all the policies in this document.
Council policies for every council shall be laid down by the Secretary General along with the Executive Board Members for the respective councils. All Executive Board Members are free to exercise their freedom to conduct the council in a way that they deem best. There will be no motion for censure/motion for impeachment that will be entertained against any Executive Board member for the period of SGIMUN 2019
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Consumption or possession of drugs and/or alcohol will not be entertained even in the smallest of proportions. If any delegate is found to be in possession of alcohol or drugs, that delegation will be asked to leave the conference immediately. Violators of this policy may be criminally liable
Cigarette smoking is not permitted within the campus premises.
- You are requested not to litter the campus and use the bins placed around. Also, consuming eatables in the conference rooms is strictly prohibited.
- We completely understand that MUNs are a great photo-op and therefore a great chance to upload photos onto social networking sites. And this is why we have a place on the campus designated ONLY for photography. Therefore, we request you all to refrain from clicking pictures anywhere except this designated area.
- All participants are requested to get original valid government identification proof and passport sized photographs on Day 1 (July 27th). SGIMUN ID cards will be issued to all the participants on Day 1 of the conference and it is mandatory for all participants to use those during the course of the event.
- SGIMUN 2019 is NOT SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for belongings left in council rooms after the end of a particular committee day.
Delegates are advised to keep precious electronic items, cash purses/wallets, etc. in their custody or secure them in their bags.
In the event of loss of any belongings, the Logistics and Hospitality Team will probe into the matter but the guarantee for the same shall not be taken by SGIMUN 2019.
- All delegates are expected to be present at committee, and must stay in committee meetings for the established duration.
In order to receive a certificate of participation, a delegate has to attend a minimum of 75% of the total number of committee sessions. In order to receive an award, a delegate must attend all sessions in the absence of unacceptable/unavoidable circumstances which shall be deemed valid only by the respective Executive Board members and the Secretary-General. The chairpersons and the organizing committee will log attendance
Delegates must wear the ID badges provided by the Conference at all times during SGIMUN.
During the sessions, the delegates are expected to exercise diplomatic courtesy when addressing members of the committee and the dais. The delegates are expected to address the other delegates in third person. No use of slang or informal terms would be entertained. In addition, delegates are also requested to be polite to all the logistics members.
CONFERENCE FEE AND OTHER POLICIES
- The details of the Conference fees shall be published on the website. Delegates will not be allowed to participate in SGIMUN 2019 unless they have paid the registration fees.
- There will be no refund in case a delegate backs out of the conference.
- The Executive board/organizing committee has the right to immediately expel delegates from both the committee as well as conference premises due to unacceptable behavior. Serious indiscipline on the part of even a single delegate may require the dismissal, without refund, of the individual involved and his or her delegation from the Conference
- The Organizing Committee/Executive Board reserves the right to define appropriate Conference behavior and is particularly strict about issues involving displays of disrespect to other delegates, Executive Board members, Organizing Committee conference, venue staff and other volunteers including the members of the International Press for SGIMUN 2019.
- Any photo, video, and other audio/visual material taken and/or recorded during SGIMUN 2019 featuring any delegate may be used and published for promotional purposes by The Sanjay Ghodawat International School and SGIMUN.
The delegates would be held responsible for any willful or negligent damage to the property and the venues and premises of the activities held by SGIMUN 2019, including In-Conference, Out-of Conference and Pre- & Post-Conference Events, and will also be held responsible for the replacement and/or compensation of and for any damage that they may have caused.
- It is indemnified and believed to hold harmless the SGIMUN 2019 Organizing Committee, Executive Board members, and Sanjay Ghodawat International School with the staff, administration, committee post holders, secretariat members and other agents from and against any claims of liability, loss, theft, damage or cost which may arise out of or relate to travelling to, participating in, and/or returning from the SGIMUN 2019.
- The Executive board/organizing committee reserves the right to amend the country/council matrix.
- Country and council allotments are solely under the discretion of the organizing committee and the Executive Board members.
Delegates are required to pay their Delegation Fees as soon as a delegate has been registered for SGIMUN 2019 in capacity as a Delegate or a Press Corps Reporter.
- First-Come-First-Serve policy shall not entirely be applicable to all allotments for SGIMUN 2019. Delegate allotments will be made on the basis of past Model UN experience to maintain decorum & ensure the highest quality of debate. Preference allotment probability is bound to decrease through the participation timeline.
- Delegates wishing to change their allotments shall be entertained only after the final round of registrations. However, this is applicable only for candidates who have paid, and may require producing certifications as may be deemed necessary by the Organizing Committee.
The SGIMUN 2019 Organizing Committee reserves the right to change or amend or modify any of the conference policies mentioned in this document without any prior notice.
Any commitments made explicitly by anyone associated with SGIMUN 2019 which is not covered under the framework of these policies, shall stand null and void, and shall not be open to discussion.
Accepting the policies online through registration is tantamount to a digital signature, agreeing to abide by the policies set above. In case of a minor registering for the conference, online registration would automatically imply parental consent.
We thank you wholeheartedly in advance for your support and co-operation.
Any commitments made explicitly by anyone associated with SGIMUN which is not covered under the framework of these policies, shall stand null and void, and shall not be open to discussion.